Friday, October 30, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
Monday, October 12, 2015
For this assignment I decided to make a collectable piece of metal that will be used in our game to possibly patch leaks. The metal pieces will be slowly rotating and can spawn anywhere on the map. They also have a specific lifespan and will get destroyed if you don't pick them up in time.
Monday, September 21, 2015
Story: Submarine (Sunk)
Opens on a small boat approaching an area of water in the middle of the ocean. Fisher equips himself with goggles and a mask. The boat driver explains that this is the spot and hands fisher a distress beacon. Fisher’s objective is to get to the submarine and retrieve the data from the central lab computer, then signal for extraction and swim back to the surface. Fisher dives and descends to the sunken sub lying on the bottom of the ocean. Once Fisher has entered the submarine, he begins removing his scuba gear. A savage then attacks Fisher. During the scuffle, Fisher shoots the tank and the explosion creates a hole in the submarine. As water begins to leak into the capsized sub, Fisher kills the mutant. Fisher escapes into the bridge. Bloodstained floors and walls glisten with grisly fluids. All of the bodies are gone and the power is out. Only dim backup lights remain.
As the game progresses, Fisher must survive by sneaking around the sub and making his way to the central lab computer. Along the way, Fisher obtains weapons to fight back against the enemies. Throughout the submarine, Fisher can also discover audiotapes and hidden files to unravel the mysterious events that took place on the submarine.
The technology of our game will be based in present day. Most of the technology in this game will be in the form of weapons. Military gear and weapons are the focal point of the technology in our game. However, there will also be other items related to technology such as a flashlight, and lead pipes. Here is a list of technological items that we plan on including in the game.
- Present day
- Military grade diving gear
- Flare gun
- Lead pipe
- Health packs (food and water)
- Scrap metal and blowtorch
- For patching leaks
- Audio tapes
- Security system
- Standard living furniture
- Digital displays on walls of submarine
We plan on the art of our game to be reality-based. We plan on researching and studying various submarine types to have a clear vision of our setting. We want the submarine to appear sleek and highly advanced. Here is a list of ideas for art with certain aspects of our game.
- bloody, gory
- wearing work uniforms
- varying states of deterioration
- dimly lit
- backup power enabled
- sleek design, high tech
- digital displays on walls of submarine
- living quarters
- mess hall
- central computer lab
- bridge of submarine
- Port holes
- Objects and Weaponry
- realistic weaponry in good shape
Survival is a core theme of our game. The mechanics of our game will revolve around this theme. The combat will be running and hiding from an omnipresent being. This being will instantly kill the player if detected. There will also be less powerful enemies that can be killed using one of the many weapons in the game or using stealth.
- walking, run, crawl, jump, swimming
- disabling enemies
- stealth takedowns
- Enemies damage the player by hitting, biting
- Main villain can instantly kill the player
- patching leaks
- interacting with computers
- listening to audio tapes
- fast, slow, crawl
1. What type of game will you be creating? [25 pts]
· When deciding what kind of game to create, each member of the group provided a few options of genres and game types. When reviewing the results, we found that we all were interested in an atmospheric survival horror game. We all thought that creating a creepy and sinister world would be very interesting and challenging. We all agreed that the aspect of survival would heavily influence our game. This lead us to consider the overall experience that we wanted our gamers to feel.
2. What is the quintessential experience you'd like the users to feel? [25 pts]
3. What is the theme of your game? [25 pts]
· The central idea or theme of our game is Isolation/Survival. We want the game to seem scary because you are all alone and that to survive you need to escape.
4. Provide an initial storyline [25 pts]